04 December 2014

5 nice ways to make pretty garlands #tassel garlands

Hey everybody,

so this is part number 2 out of my little serie "5 nice ways to make pretty garlands".
Today I'm going to show you the tassel garland, which is pretty easy as well, yet it needs more time to accomplish. 



you can basically use every bench of colours you prefer; I was in the mood to create a litlle rainbow for my door I can look up every morning to (which hopefully takes my crumpy morning mood away).
Your equipment consists basically only tissue paper, which is very thin so perfectly for waving softly in a breeze.
I made it with normal paper, though.

  • (tissue)paper
  • threat 
  • yarn 
  • scissors

1. draw a line on the paper (it's the mark for the length of the stripes) and cut small stripes until this line. Repeat that step with all your papers




2. Roll every single paper into itself and wrap the threat around it.



3. The last step is to stitch the yarn through the tassels and slide them on the yarn (you can make it as long as you want). Now your tassel garland is ready to be hung up on a pretty wall or anywhere you want in your room. 

 Have a nice day and fun while crafting, I'm going to enjoy my tea now :)
Isa
 

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Love how colourful it is, thanks for the beautiful tutorial!

    Rags of Love-Alternative London Fashion and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you for your kind words :)
      I'm already working for the next tutorial to make another cute garland...stay creative :)

      Delete